During a well-known Seinfeld episode, local postman “Newman” proclaimed at the top of his lungs, “The mail never stops, it just keeps coming, and coming and coming.”
While you may not be able to stop the mail from coming to your home, you can put steps in place to limit the volume of mail you receive. Consider going paperless with your Florida homeowner’s insurance policy, and you can put a serious dent in your mail volume.
In addition to saving yourself from a few paper cuts (have you seen the amount of paper in your policy packet?) and earning the gratitude of your friendly neighborhood mail carrier, here are a few other benefits you’ll reap when you choose to receive your policy information electronically:
- Find Information Quickly: Few things in life are as thrilling as frantically, desperately searching for that one piece of paper you need while you’re on the phone. Go paperless to quickly and easily access your homeowner’s policy information documents.
- Added Security: Many of us are guilty of failing to adequately secure papers containing personal and sensitive information. When you go paperless, you gain the ability to store your information online and back it up on external hard drives or secure folders, away from prying eyes.
- Accessibility: Need your homeowner’s insurance policy number while on-the-go? Storing your documents electronically allows you to access your information from an online customer portal whether you’re lounging by pool or at the beach enjoying the sun. You can also receive email notifications so you can manage your policy without having to leave the comfort of your couch.
- Decrease Clutter: By switching your homeowner’s insurance policy to paperless delivery, you reduce the amount of paper pilling up in your home. Even someone blessed with great organizational skills can appreciate the extra space gained by going paperless.
- Environmental Benefits: What blog about going paperless would be complete without mentioning the good it does for planet? Going paperless helps cut down on deforestation and reduces mankind’s carbon footprint by saving trees. 71 million tons of paper are used in US each year, and by reducing one ton you can save 24 trees!
Enjoy the advantages associated with choosing this free option. If you find that you don’t like it, you can always opt back in to receiving all the paperwork your heart desires! Paperless options are different for every home insurance company, but are usually located within the preference or account settings in your online account.
Related Post: Clean Green Cleaning