Dwelling Flex

Looking for Information on Coverage Options?

Your insurance agent can provide a complete list of the coverage options available in this program. So, you can make the coverage selections that best suit your insurance needs.   

Are you a landlord?

We also offer Dwelling Fire insurance for landlords of homes (e.g., single-family homes) and condo units. 

Dwelling Fire Coverage for Homeowners

Many coverages have a minimum and maximum coverage amount (commonly referred to as "coverage limit"). Each of the coverage tabs below provide a basic overview of the coverage and the applicable coverage limits that allow you to customize your policy to best suit your needs.

A Dwelling Fire Owner policy provides coverage for damage to the structure—your home—in the event of a covered loss. Coverage A includes replacement cost for covered losses. This means that the structure of your home is valued using today's construction costs to rebuild or repair your home, which is not the same as the real estate value of your home.  

Homes with an older roof that may not be eligible for a standard Homeowners Insurance policy could be eligible for a Dwelling Fire Owner policy because the Dwelling Fire program has a Roof Surfaces Payment Schedule that can be added to the base policy.  

Coverage A Limit: $125,000 - $1,000,000 

Our Dwelling Fire Owner policy provides coverage for “other structures” located on the residence premises. For example: a detached garage or an in-ground swimming pool may be considered an “other structure”. Additional coverage is also available for pool enclosures.

Other Structures (Coverage B) Limit: 1% - 20% of Coverage A

Coverage C provides coverage for your personal belongings. Some examples of the contents you may elect to cover are furniture, clothing, jewelry, television, stereo, and appliances.

Coverage C Limit: $0 - $250,000 

Optional replacement cost coverage for your personal property allows you to replace or repair items that were damaged or destroyed based on current market prices. Without this coverage, your items will be valued at actual cash value (ACV), which is generally less than the cost of a new item. ACV is more like the price you'd see at a garage sale. We recommend purchasing replacement cost coverage for your belongings.

If your home becomes uninhabitable due to a covered loss, our Dwelling Fire Owner policy provides coverage for the additional living expenses you and your family incur while you are living away from your home. This includes costs for a place to stay, food, and clothing.  

Coverage D & E Limits: 10% of Coverage A 

Tip: Make sure you keep all your receipts. 

In the event of a covered loss, we provide a pre-paid debit card that you can begin using right away to cover those additional, unexpected expenses. This eliminates the hassle of having to deposit a check and will allow you to withdraw the cash you need immediately upon activation. This is one of the many solutions we've put in place to improve the customer experience with Security First Insurance.  

This coverage provides protection if someone were to file a lawsuit against you, claiming you caused them bodily injury or damaged their property. Liability can protect you in situations that may be unforeseen, such as a friend twisting their ankle on a loose step. Liability coverage also covers certain defense costs—even if the lawsuit filed against you is false, groundless or fraudulent. 

Coverage L Limits: $0, $100,000, $200,000, $300,000, or $500,000

This coverage is paired with Personal Liability coverage to provide medical expense coverage to others (not living at your residence) who are injured on your property or who incur injuries resulting from your personal activities.  

Coverage M Limits: $0, $1,000, $2,500, or $5,000

Optional Coverages 

We have several optional coverages that can be added to your Dwelling Fire Owner insurance policy. The optional coverages listed below are available in either one of our Dwelling Fire Owners’ programs. 

  • Aluminum Screened Enclosures & Carport
  • Identity Theft Protection & Monitoring
  • Personal Property Replacement Cost
  • Ordinance or Law
  • Personal Property Theft
  • Permitted Incidental Occupancy
  • Equipment Breakdown & Service Line Endorsements (Read More
  • Water Back Up and Sump Overflow
  • Golf Cart Liability
  • Computer Equipment Endorsement
  • Dog Liability Endorsement
  • Scheduled Personal Property

Tip: Check to see if these coverages are included in the insurance quotes you receive. By reviewing coverage carefully, you'll be able to make an accurate comparison, and decide which coverage options are best for you.