Florida Homeowners Insurance
The right amount of coverage for your home is one of the most important decisions you make when purchasing a policy. We want to make it easy for you to understand the different coverages and what's included in your homeowners policy. This section provides helpful information on the coverages and discounts that can be applied to a policy, the different options available to you, and a policy guide to help you understand your homeowners policy.
Coverages (HO-3 Home Policy)
- Dwelling (Coverage A) - Your policy provides coverage for damage to the structure--your home--in the event of a covered loss. Coverage is provided at replacement cost. Your agent can assist you in determining the replacement cost of your home.
- Other Structures (Coverage B) -Our policy provides coverage for “other structures” located on the residence's premises. For example: an unattached garage, gazebo, or in-ground swimming pool may be considered unattached structures. Of course, additional coverage may be requested for pool enclosures.
- Personal Property (Coverage C) - We offer coverage to repair or replace your personal belongings. Examples are furniture, clothing, jewelry, television, stereo, and appliances. Our myChoice Home Protection system will help you determine a more accurate estimate of coverage for your personal property.
- Loss of Use (Coverage D) - If your home becomes uninhabitable due to a covered loss, our policy provides coverage for the additional costs you and your family incur while you are living away from your home. This includes costs for a place to stay, food, and clothing.
- Personal Liability Insurance (Coverage E) - This coverage provides protection if someone were to file a lawsuit against you, claiming you caused them bodily injury or damaged their property. Liability can protect you in situations that may be unforeseen, such as a friend twisting their ankle on a loose step. Liability coverage also covers certain defense costs—even if the lawsuit filed against you is false, groundless or fraudulent.
- Medical Payments (Coverage F) - Your policy provides for medical payments to others (not living at your residence) if they are injured on or by your property, or as a result of you or a family member residing with you.
|Security First Insurance provides the following coverage amounts for HO-3 policies:|
- Coverage A - $100,000 ($125,000 minimum Coverage A in coastal counties) to $1,000,000
- Coverage B - 2% to 75% of Coverage A
- Coverage C - 0% - 75% of Coverage A
- Coverage D - 10% of Coverage A
- Coverage E - $100,000 - $500,000
- Coverage F - $1,000 - $5,000
The deductible you choose on your policy is the amount you are responsible for paying prior to receiving payment for a covered loss. The higher your deductible, the lower your policy premium will be.
- All perils except Hurricane: $500, $1,000, $2,500, $5,000
- Hurricane: $500, 2%, 5%, 10% (% of Coverage A)
Discounts & Savings
- Monitored Alarms
- Interior Sprinkler System
- Opening Protection: for more information on Windstorm Loss Mitigation, click here.
- Senior Discount (55 or older)
- Newer Homes
- Hip roof
There are other endorsements available that will provide you additional coverage for your home. It's best to work with your insurance agent to discuss what is appropriate for your home. Below is a list of a few additional coverages we offer on homeowners and condominium policies:
- Dog Liability
- Personal Property Replacement Cost
- Personal Injury
- Water Backup and Sump Overflow
- Increased Replacement Cost on Dwelling
- Scheduled Personal Property
- Golf Cart Physical Damage and Liability
- Screened Enclosure/Carport Coverage
- Increased Special Limits Coverage
- Ordinance or Law Coverage
How much does Florida Homeowners Insurance cost?
Security First Insurance makes it easy for you to receive an instant quote. Within minutes you can see an estimated for your home. To get started on a FREE quote, visit Florida Home Insurance Quote.
This information is presented to help communicate coverage options. It is not an offer of coverage. If you are interested in protecting your property with Security First, please contact an agent.