Florida Condominium Insurance
Imagine coming home to your condo to find a pipe has broken, and water has run into every room. Your upgraded wood floors, drywall, and carpet are destroyed. Although your condo association’s insurance policy may cover the repair to your drywall, it is your responsibility to repair your new wood floors, paint, wallpaper, and other interior features. Our condo policy is customizable and provides you with specialized coverage for your personal belongings. The information below describes coverage options and the discounts we offer to keep premiums affordable for our customers. As you research insurance companies, we encourage you to use our comparative checklist so that you are aware of the different services and tools we provide.
Coverages (HO-6 Condo Policy)
- Dwelling (Coverage A) - This is coverage for additions and alterations to your unit, or property which is specifically your responsibility according to your Association. This includes items of personal property permanently affixed to the unit that's not covered by the association's policy.
- Personal Property (Coverage C) - This is coverage for your personal belongings located on or off your residence premises. Coverage C also provides coverage for your guest's personal property when items are located on the residence premises.
- Loss of Use (Coverage D) - If your condo becomes uninhabitable due to a covered loss, our policy provides coverage for the additional costs you or your family incur while you are living away from your condominium unit. This includes costs for a place to stay, food, and clothing.
- Personal Liability Insurance (Coverage E) - This coverage provides protection if someone were to file a lawsuit against you, claiming you caused them bodily injury or damaged their property. Liability can protect you in situations that may be unforeseen, such as a friend twisting their ankle on a loose step. Liability coverage also covers certain defense costs—even if the lawsuit filed against you is false, groundless or fraudulent.
- Medical Payments (Coverage F) - Your policy provides for medical payments to others (not living at your residence) if they are injured on or by your property, or as a result of you or a family member residing with you.
- Loss Assessment - Coverage is available up to the limit stated in the policy for assessments made by the condominium association to you for damages to the condo premises caused by hazards that are insured by your policy.
|Security First Insurance provides the following coverage amounts for HO-6 policies:|
- Coverage A - minimum of $25,000 up to a maximum of 150,000*
- Coverage C - minimum $25,000 up to a maximimum of $200,000*
- Coverage D - 40% of Coverage C
- Coverage E - $100,000 to $500,000
- Coverage F - $1,000 to $5,000
The deductible you choose on your policy is the amount you are responsible for paying prior to receiving payment for a covered loss. The higher your deductible, the lower your policy premium will be.
- Hurricanes & all other perils: $500, $1,000, $2,500, $5,000
Discounts & Savings
- Monitored Alarms
- Opening Protection: for more information on Windstorm Loss Mitigation, click here.
- Senior Discount (55 and older)
- New Construction
- Secured Community
- Hip roof
Security First Insurance company offers competitive coverage. In addition to coverages offered in the base policy, our additional coverages exceed those offered by other companies.
- Condo Unit Owners Special Coverage A
- Coverage for Unit Owners Rented to Others
- Increased "Special Limits"
- Scheduled Personal Property
- Personal Injury Coverage
- Ordinance or Law Coverage
- Golf Cart Physical Damage and Liability
- Dog Liability
How much does Florida Condo Insurance cost?
Security First Insurance makes it easy for you to receive an instant quote. Within minutes you can see an estimate for your condo. To get started on a FREE quote, visit Florida Condo Insurance Quote.
This information is presented to help communicate coverage options. It is not an offer of coverage. If you are interested in protecting your property with Security First, please contact an agent.