Experiencing a Loss
Experiencing a loss can be one of the most difficult things to go through. We understand the importance of restoring your damaged home and belongings as quickly as possible. Our professional claims team is available 24 hours a day to assist you. Because your response is equally as important as ours, here is information you should know about the do’s and don’ts when experiencing a loss to your home or personal property.
- File your claim immediately by calling our toll-free number (877) 581-4862 or use our Policyholder Service Center to file your claim online, upload photos of the damage, and check the status of a claim. Click here to login or create an account.
- Protect yourself and your family. If you must move out of your home, keep all receipts for any temporary lodging and any other expenses you incur while out of the home.
- Protect your property against further damage. Make temprorary repairs and keep receipts for any repairs that you do make. Please do not make permanent repairs until the adjuster has had a chance to inspect the damage. If Water Damage of any kind has occurred, it is important that you take immediate steps to stop the flow of water and dry out your home.
- If you have experienced a theft, notify the police. Be sure to report to the police all items that have been stolen.
- If you have lost a credit card, be sure to report it to the credit card company immediately.
- A home inventory list will ease the claim settlement process. Our My Choice Home Protection system can help you generate an inventory quickly. If you do not have a summary of personal belongings prepared at the time of a loss, you can use My Choice or manually prepare a list of stolen or damaged property. Whenever possible, include the manufacturer, model name or number, and the place and date of purchase. If you have receipts, manuals or photographs of the lost or damaged items, make them available to your adjuster.
- Take photographs of the damage. Our customers have access to our online Policyholder Service Center, a place to quickly report a claim and upload photos of the damage. This gives our team immediate access to your claim information, and the photos help to assess the extent of the damage.
- Our adjusters are knowledgeable and can help answer any questions you may have. When communicating with our adjuster throughout the claim process, be sure to ask questions.